Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer 2011 Summary

After the last day of school, I participated my Summer internship called WorkReady. It's a... I guess you can call it a business-related 6 week internship program.

My mom and I went a little shopping to buy a few clothes for my internship: shirt, tie and pants. I participated the orientation that's held somewhere around the last week of June. I was pretty long, but it's alright. Boring, but it's ok. I already know about the etiquette and the attire pretty much. I met a few teens, although I didn't keep in touch.

So the starting of my 6-week internship, I work at Independence Blue Cross under the Customer Service Department every Monday through Thursday for 4 hours which isn't that bad. I did little things like faxing and organizing files for my supervisor and other supervisors. Sometimes when my supervisor didn't have work for me, I would help the Correspondent Unit with batching the letters and mailing (mostly batching). On occasions, I would check the IBC Website to read blogs and news.

Every Friday there is a Professional Development around the Thomas Jefferson campus. Overall, we're doing activities based on the 21st Century Skills which are Productivity/Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Initiative/Self-Direction, and Teamwork/Collaboration. Then we have to do a project that probably focuses about our work (I'm not sure, but that's what I'm gonna call it). My team and I are doing a survey about the 21st Century Skills and then after collecting the data, we would do a powerpoint presentation.

Time went by so fast, I swear it did. I thought it was still a week. At the end of working with IBC, there was a little party for all interns for IBC. Interns who volunteered would make their speeches about their experience here in IBC. I say, they are really amazing. I wanted to do a speech myself but... I was having second thoughts about it. Lucky I didn't volunteered thank goodness.

Then the last day of our 6-week internship, we have to present our project. My team and I were kinda struggling, but we managed. We also see the other group's projects and they were pretty good. I'll miss everyone. I seriously do. I still have my teammate's email addresses, least we would keep in touch, maybe.

For rest of my remain Summer, I didn't do much. It feels so long.... I gained a lot of weight for the entire 3rd week of August. I promise myself I would exercise, but I would forget and put my butt down and go on the laptop. I seriously need to be active... I swear.

Plus... I still to get my driver's permit.... which my mom would always forget to take me to driver's ed. This Summer, I'll hopefully get it. Now I have to study.... huzzah... Now that reminds me... do I have Summer homework...? I really don't know... if I do, well I'm done for.

This school year would be my last year here in Roxborough High School. I'm a Senior (12th Grade)... education will be quite laborious than last school year. I have to put my head in the game.... And I still didn't apply yet for colleges.... crap.... Well, it's on me anyway so why bother.

Oh yeah, my mom's gonna make me work where she and dad works 3 days a week. Well I have to do something rather than sit around, chat/RP (role play) with my friends and surf the internet. I have a life... everyone does.

Well I hate to say this but... I really can't wait for school, I swear...

No comments:

Post a Comment