Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Death Note Reveals my Dark Side

I've been watching Death Note and I'm showing the darker side of myself.

Death Note is an based that's taking place in the Kanto region in Japan around the year 2003 I think. Light Yagami, a Japanese student with excellent grades, finds the Death Note in his school yard and takes it home. It says that writing someone's name in the Death Note, he/she would die from a heart attack within 40 s if there's no given cause of death. He tested it out and couldn't believe his eyes. Then he tested out again and he had the Death Note in his hands. Happy about this, he begins to scribe each criminals name line by line.

A week passed he handles the Death Note quite smoothly and meets Ryuk, a shinigami (god of death in Japanese mythology I guess. Correct me if I'm wrong though). The shinigami is quite amazed with the student and Light explains his goal to the god that he wanted to be noticed and will be the new god of the world filled with innocent beings. Ryuk is quite interested with him much.

Sometime later, people were quite happy so far that criminals are dying. They didn't care how they die. However, the police were concern about this matter. Sometime later, people created a website titled Kira, Light's new name. Kira is derived from the English word killer. Suddenly a sudden broadcast announcement was made and a mysterious man named Lind L. Taylor, possibly the real L (L is an intelligent and famous detective), and said to Kira (who is Light) that what he did is wrong. Provoked, Light writes his name and dies, thinking he killed L. However, it was a trap and Light was being mocked that he didn't kill the real L. After hearing L's speech, the battle begins.

So that basically sums up what's going on the anime series Death Note. There is also a manga version of it in which I have to read (I just read Vol. 1 - 3 I think). I haven't finished watching both medias, but I will be able to later on.

I really like Light because he's kinda like me. I don't have a crush on him, but I respect him. However, I'm not smarter than Light, but it's ok. I also have the same dream that I wish for the world to be free from violence and crime, but I know it was impossible to reach. I just like how he strives his goal. That's all I have to say.

Because my darker side is resurfacing, I'm making a man-self character. I don't know what his name will be. And I have an art work to finish on.

No comments:

Post a Comment